Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Topic Tuesday: favorite drugstore polishes

What are your favorite drugstore nail polishes in your collection?

This is not this week's question; this one was from early October and my brain apparently just skipped right over it at the time. I have a good many drugstore polishes, virtually all of which are at least a few years old. It seems to me that drugstore polishes have fits of trying to do interesting things, but in the last couple of years they've (mostly) given up on that. So I really haven't been paying much attention to them recently. I've bought a couple of Sally Hansens this year and that's about it. (Plus the Essence which made the top 10 and which I'd practically forgotten about!)

But anyway, the question just says drugstore polishes, it doesn't say they have to be new ones. So I went through my spreadsheet and compiled a shortlist. Unsurprisingly, my first try at a shortlist was very long, but I whittled it down to a top 10. (I'll put the long list at the bottom, here, in case anybody's interested.)

I was wondering if the way people define "drugstore" brands has changed. You can buy several of the brands I think of as "salon" polishes - OPI, Essie, etc. - in drugstores and that's been true for several years. But I did not include those here.

In alpha order by brand (with links to the ones that aren't pictured here):

A lot of fall-toned colors here. Chop Chop Copper:
Cougar Attack (over black):
Pumpkin Spice (which as you can see is a top-coat):
(Also, I believe that's Cougar Attack in the swatch underneath P-spice here. You can see that it looks a good bit different than over black.)

Nail Junkie:

Original (not-at-all-short) shortlist:
  • Bonita Salon - Peonies Gone Wild
  • Color Club - Hot Couture
  • Color Club - Nail-Robi
  • Color Club - Snow-flakes
  • Cover Girl Outlast - Pyro Pink
  • Cover Girl Outlast - Seared Bronze
  • Essence Out of Space Stories - Space Glam
  • Insta-Dri - Chop Chop Copper
  • Insta-Dri - Cocoa A Go Go
  • Insta-Dri - Jet Set Jade
  • Insta-Dri - Quick Jeanius
  • Jesse's Girl - Fire Fly
  • Jesse's Girl - Glee
  • Julie G - Butterflies & Rosebuds
  • Julie G - Sugar Plum Fairy
  • L.A.Colors (Color Craze) - Jewel Tone
  • L.A.Girl 3D Effects - Black Illusion
  • L'Oreal - Jolly Lolly
  • Maybelline (Color Show) - Black In Mirrors
  • Milani - Purple Gleam
  • Nicole by OPI - Cinna-man Of My Dreams
  • NYC Crystal Couture - Ruby Queen
  • NYC In a NYC Minute - Fruit Punch
  • Revlon - Hypnotic
  • Revlon Colorstay - Fall Mood
  • Revlon Colorstay - Rain Forest
  • Rimmel Cocktail Colour - Apple Berry Smoothie
  • Sally Hansen CSM - Mermaid's Tale
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength - Private I
  • Sally Hansen Miracle Gel - Adrenaline Crush
  • Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Slick Black
  • Salon Perfect - Who Ya Gonna Call?
  • Sinful Colors - Gilded
  • Sinful Colors - I Love You
  • Sinful Colors - Kissy
  • Sinful Colors - Nail Junkie
  • Spoiled - Cougar Attack
  • Studio M - Slammin' Red
  • Xtreme Wear - Disco Ball
  • Xtreme Wear - Pumpkin Spice
  • Xtreme Wear - Rockstar Pink
  • Wet n Wild Fast Dry - Dancer Is The Best Reindeer
  • Wet n Wild Fast Dry - Teal Of Fortune
  • Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel - Peri-wink-le Of An Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment