Friday, October 25, 2013

Cougar Attack and VitaSurge

I've been wearing Cougar Attack (I kind of hate the name, but I love the polish) for over a week now, I think - first on its own and then over SC Rich in Heart, which is a really dark brown. I'm not sure how many coats I had on in the last mani, but I think it was a bunch. At least 2 coats of brown and possibly 3 of CA, not to mention base and top coat. It lasted about 5 days, and then today about half of one nail finally cracked off in one big piece. Which I can't say is really surprising with that many coats. My nails are now marinating with Sally Hansen VitaSurge and cuticle oil slathered all over them, and then I think I'm going to do something orange, since it's getting really close to Halloween. I have to trot out the orange at least once a year!

Here are two shots of Cougar Attack/Rich in Heart:



On its own, CA is a lot lighter, of course. I didn't get any pictures of that, though.

Back to VitaSurge - I bought it on impulse because it was on sale, but I was happy to find a good review of it on YouTube. Of course I'd already bought it by then, so I didn't bother to look any further. If nothing else, that video confirmed for me that you're supposed to rub it in rather than just letting it dry - apparently it says so on the tiny illegible print on the bottle. (I think I need to invest in a magnifying glass since this is about the third time this month I've complained about not being able to read things on a label.)

I do have another nail wheel or two coming soon, hopefully - reds and after that, oranges and browns. (I have most of the rest done, after that, too - the pale pinks, one for black/white/gray, and half a wheel full of burgundy-ish colors, plus an overflow wheel for the ones I'd done previously. All that's left to swatch is some top coats and such.)

No comments:

Post a Comment