Sunday, October 13, 2013

Artistic blur, and Patricia

Here's a totally blurry picture of my current manicure that I really like:
It's interesting, right? And it shows you exactly what glitters are in there. See the purple streaks? Yeah, that's purple glitter. However, I think I have another picture somewhere where you can actually see the polish.

The story here is about why this is sort of an unintended hybrid manicure. I know I mentioned at the time that I had ordered a couple more polishes from Nostalgic, since I liked the ones I got so much (F*ck and Run, in particular) and they were still on sale. And I had almost forgotten about that, but they finally turned up this week. And so last night I put on Rid of Me, which is blue jelly with shimmer. And then I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, and the light in my living room sucks so badly that it's difficult to tell the difference between a blue-green and an outright green, and I accidentally slapped the other one, Patricia, on top of a couple of nails before I noticed. And well, it's really pretty, so I just put it on all of them.
(Just ignore the lobster-cuticles, ok?)
I don't know how much difference the base of Rid of Me makes - I suspect it might be a little less blue-looking. Although as usual, this is a bit blue-shifted in any case - it looks closer to an emerald when I look at my nails in the same light. Anyway, it was an unintended consequence with a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment