Saturday, October 12, 2013

Linkiness

Is that a word? Well, you know what I mean. Linky-ness? Linkage? (the latter is the word I use most for this, really.) Links. Whatever. (Note: Nothing here is sponsored.)

This post is mostly inspired by my discovery of More Nail Polish's color guides. If you're not familiar with her already, she is an Australian nail-blogger who has large collections of the brands listed below, and she has pulled together single-page roundups of her swatches of every color of these brands she owns. That make sense? I don't know if other people love this idea as much as I do, but I find this terribly useful. I guess it's something to do with the way my brain works - I like to see all the colors together on one page. All this information is on those brands' websites, I'm sure - I know that's true of Picture Polish because I looked at their website really extensively one time - but I like seeing it all at once. So anyway, here's the links:
Picture Polish
Ozotic
Lynnderella

And yeah, I'm aware that I'm not capitalizing piCture pOlish properly. It's pure crankiness on my part.

(She also has one for Ulta3, which I haven't included just because it's not useful to ME, but it's in her sidebar, anyway, so if you want it it shouldn't be hard to find. I assume that Ulta3 is a version of the Ulta brands available in the US but I have no idea what the relationship is and it just seems like something that's not worth exploring, for me! Your mileage may vary.)


Another cool link:
Definitions of a bunch of (mostly fairly simple) types of nail art:
http://www.jilltasticnaildesign.com/2012/12/nail-art-techniques-defined.html
(this is actually just the rules for a particular challenge, but I still found it useful and I've never seen another like it. I'm sure others exist. Also, for the OCD among you, there are some definite spelling issues there, so if that bothers you unduly I would consider avoiding it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment