Saturday, October 5, 2013

Nail wheel - pinks, from violet to fuchsia

This nail wheel starts where I left off with the last one, very violet-leaning pinks, and gets less and less violet as it goes along. (That's in theory, at least. I didn't necessarily do a very good job of ordering these. In fact I didn't do a very good job with this wheel at all - it's messy, or messier than usual, that is. In my defense, I did it on a day I wasn't feeling well!)

As you can see, I did the "stripe" thing again on a number of these - black at the tip, another color at the base. I used various pinks at the base - there's a picture of some of them at the bottom, but they're noted on the list, also.

I also almost mixed up two polishes, which is the first time I've done that. I meant to put G-listen To Your Heart as #2, because it's much purplier (that may not actually be a word, but you know what I mean) than It's Bouquet With Me, which was supposed to be #9. Instead they are reversed. But oh well, there is other stuff over there on that right side of the wheel that's very purple, as well. The other thing that bugs me is the big fingerprint in the middle of #13. Pretend you didn't notice, ok?
  1. Convergence
  2. It's Bouquet With Me ("striped" with Domestic Goddess at base, Jet Black at tip)
  3. Domestic Goddess
  4. Kieko
  5. Morning, Moneypenny (magnetic)
  6. Posh Plum
  7. Paloma (striped over Posh Plum, JB)
  8. Crushed Candy
  9. It's Bouquet With Me (striped over Pink Sizzle, JB)
  10. Perrie
  11. Rory (partly over Perrie)
  12. Magenta Mirage (over Jet Black)
  13. Pink Sizzle
  14. Lilith
  15. Reagan
  16. Ultimate Pink
  17. Gimme a Grape Big Kiss
  18. Big City Dazzle (a top coat) (striped over Hasty, JB)
  19. Strobe Light (striped over Pink Sizzle, JB)
  20. Girls on Film (striped over Hasty, JB)
(I probably should've done like everybody else and numbered these like a clock, starting from the top, but I think it threw me off that they were oval and so I started on the left and then went clockwise. Hopefully people who have been looking at these have figured out my method by now!)

1 through 5:

(See note at bottom about #3 and #4.)

6 through 10:

11 through 15:
Re #12: I have decided that maybe Maybelline knew what they were doing when they called their crackle version "Shredded" - it seems to shred vertically more than other brands do.

16 through 20:
As I noted when I first wore it, #17 appears very, very pink even though it has "grape" in its name and it's grape-scented. This has never made a whole lot of sense to me, but I do like the color.

These were my layering colors - there were more variations in these colors than on some other wheels so I thought my layering colors needed to vary too (except for the black):

I think my main point in taking this close-up picture was to show that Domestic Goddess and Kieko are pretty much dead-on dupes. So if you loved Domestic Goddess or you're feeling sorry you missed it, there's definitely an alternative!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even notice your numbers didn't start at the top until you said something. Doesn't confuse me at all--if you'd gone counterclockwise, that would have been perplexing to my brain. :)

    ReplyDelete