Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fuchsias and such (or, nail wheel weekend)

I probably should not even say "nail wheel weekend" like it's going to be a regular thing. Knowing me, it probably won't. But well, it's alliterative, and it's true for this weekend, anyway.

So I did a whole wheel of bright pinks:
  1. He Loves Me, I Love Him... Not
  2. Scam
  3. Alegra
  4. Slammin' Red
  5. Fuchsia Glamour (I think - it's mislabeled)
  6. Peru-B-Ruby
  7. unnamed fuchsia
  8. Juicy
  9. Reva
  10. Kierra
  11. Kimber
  12. Hasty
  13. Raspberry Rush
  14. Hot Stuff
  15. Dita
  16. Ali
  17. F*ck and Run
  18. Strawberry Electric
  19. Shopping Frenzy
  20. Status Symbol
Hmm, I can't find the picture of the whole wheel but here are all the polishes, in order and everything. (If the wheel picture stays MIA by the time I finish this post, I'll take a new one and add it later!) You can see the wheel itself in stages below, anyway.

(Added, nearly 2 weeks late: Oh, look, it's the whole wheel!)


1-5:
I have a bunch of pink glitters that are quite similar really. (1, 2, and 4, specifically.) They're not dead dupes but they're pretty close. The Studio M one is a similar color to the other two but is much bumpier. (This is one of a whole line of these super-packed glitters; I wonder if they're started calling them textures, yet.) Allegra, #3, is pretty shimmer-packed but not really a full-on glitter. And the NYC is more of a frost.

6-10:
I was trying not to get into reds and burgundies with this wheel, but Kierra - on the right - is probably the one that shouldn't be here, if any of them shouldn't. It doesn't look all that out of place, really, but I think it's more of a burgundy than a pink. Reva, next to it, looks fairly red on my screen but I'd call it more of a strawberry. Peru-B-Ruby, on the left, is poised right between pink and red - it looks red among the pinks, but if you plunked it on the red wheel (which is up next) it would look more pink.

11-15:
This bunch are the ones that are so bright they annoy me, sometimes. Although I quite like Hot Stuff. Every time I wear Kimber I end up slapping something else on top of it, though. (Usually Reva - they go quite well together.) Dita, on the right, is not annoying, but you can see that it's a bit darker.

16-20: 
Let's see, well, Ali is so bright I tried unsuccessfully to give it away. (I figure by next spring it'll look more interesting to me, anyway.) I like F*ck and Run a lot, as I've said several times lately, and I like Status Symbol, although I rarely remember to wear it. Part of the problem here is that I have SO many pinks that things just get lost in the shuffle! Shopping Frenzy is pretty too, but I haven't worn it much even though I've had it for years. Strawberry Electric is more in the "slightly too bright" category.

No comments:

Post a Comment