Saturday, February 2, 2019

Red and almost-red

I was talking about Everly being an almost-red color, so I had it on my mind, and I pulled some more "almost-reds" out of my unposted file.

KarenD gave me this Studio M polish in a swap some years ago - it's Slammin' Red:
I thought it was headed for the circular file after I tried to swatch it as you see above, but then I put a rather large amount of thinner in it and got much better results, as you see below.
I've always liked this, so I'm glad it will hold on a little longer. Despite its name, I've always thought of it as a fuchsia and not a red.

Zoya Reva is really on the edge of being a true red, but I still think it's not quite there:
I'd call it a deep fuchsia with some strawberry tones - I believe it also has a bit of gold shimmer in there.

Miracle Gel Mad Women is also close but no cigar:
Maybe in a different light it would look red, but I'd call it another deep fuchsia, with a lot of lovely shimmer.

I don't live where there are Meijer stores to check in person, but I think the last time I checked online, I decided that Studio M must be discontinued. As far as I know, the other two here are still obtainable. (Added:  I poked around on Meijer's website, and there is still Studio M polish but there are new bottles and I didn't see anything that looked like these old glitters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment