Thursday, January 31, 2019

New Zoya holos

Right around Christmas Zoya ran a promo for a set of holo polishes - one of them was Brighton, which isn't new, but the other two were new pinks, so I couldn't resist ordering them.

They came in one of those nice gift boxes with the magnetic closure:
(Everybody but me may be accustomed to seeing these by now. But I hardly ever order sets, and the only other one of these I remember getting was a black one from the Matte Velvets, like five years ago.)

I got this a month ago - at which time I was too obsessed with picking yearly favorites to be methodical about documenting my Zoya purchases - so I'm not sure but I have a full-size bottle of Remove which I think came with this promo. I think I paid full price for the three polishes and the Remove was free with that purchase.

Anyway, here are the three polishes:

Here's Brighton - which had been previously released with the Bridal Bliss collection last spring:
I've seen it called beige, but it seems to me to be a little grayed out - so, I dunno, maybe we call it a greige? It's so pale we may never be sure. Honestly, I'm not sure why I thought I wanted this - it's not at all my color. (Maybe I can try it with a jelly on top, or something.)

Everly is sort of an almost-red, but I don't think it quite gets there:
It's sort of a strawberry color, I guess - I can't think of a better name for it. I'm looking forward to trying this one out shortly. (I'm not making much comment on the holo part of these because it's a holo like pretty much every other Zoya holo - a lovely scattered holo. If you haven't tried them you should!)

And then Cadence is more of a medium pink:
I go back and forth about whether I think Everly or Cadence is my favorite. I think I will have to wait until I've actually worn them to form a definite opinion on that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment