Friday, January 18, 2019

NOTD: Gardner + Spellfrost

Here is Zoya Gardner, which I got from the Thanksgiving-weekend specials -- I've already forgotten if it was actually Black Friday or Cyber Monday or somewhere in between...
It's really beautiful. Zoya describes it as "a deep periwinkle with a vibrant magenta shimmer in a dense foil finish." It really would not have occurred to me to call this periwinkle, although I suppose it's perfectly apt - I would just have said "blue-violet" instead. But anyway, that's nitpicking.

Gardner was chipping a little at the tips, so I decided to layer with it, and I added the one polish I got from December Polish Pickup, which was Spellfrost from Ethereal Polish. Spellfrost is a flakie top-coat in sort of complementary colors - a periwinkle-ish base and mostly cool-toned flakies. This picture is out of focus but you can still get the general idea of the color:
It tones Gardner down a good bitl

In focus, but these two were taken after several days so the tip-wear is even more noticeable here:





No comments:

Post a Comment