Saturday, January 5, 2019

How I used my makeup bag

I thought I would report back on how I actually used my Sephora makeup bag that I showed a few weeks ago. It worked perfect, I'm really glad I have it.

Here's the main section when you look inside:
We were only spending two nights away. If I was staying somewhere longer than that I might have to change this up just a bit but not necessarily too much. I put a lot of my makeup in the pouch on the left, and nail polish and remover in the one on the right. Probably a smaller bottle of remover would have been preferable but I just chunked my regular one in there, since it was short enough to fit. The pouch is big enough to hold the 6-oz. remover bottle plus five bottles of polish - the red NailsInc duo, the bottle of Zoya Juniper which is what I was wearing when I left, plus base-coat, top-coat, and some cotton rounds. Note that it helps a lot that you can see into the pouches - they have mesh on top and plastic under that, so they're also at least somewhat spill-protected. The makeup side, meaning the pouch on the left, had powder and base and blush and the spray bottle of brush cleaner and I-forget-what-else.

And then here's the inside lid with the brushes:
I didn't leave for the trip with my toothbrush stuck in here - it was a new one that came from the dentist's office, still in the package - but you can see that I came back with it that way. Let's see, top to bottom there's a brow spoolie, a couple of eyeshadow brushes, the big brush that I've been using for powder, then the concealer brush, the two mini-multitaskers (which I use for blusher & highlighter), and the toothbrush and the foundation brush. Note that it does have a flap that folds over one end to protect the brushes:
(The flap doesn't do any good if you don't point them in the right direction, though!)

And then here's the other section, the flat pouch:
So you can pretty much see what I put in the flat pouch: a smallish bottle of cologne, some lipsticks and lip pencils and an eyeliner, a sharpener, concealer, and highlighter. The Naked Palette is sitting against the side of the bag (actually the bottom, when it's closed and upright). I should probably point out that I didn't actually bring many eyeshadow brushes above because there's that nice double-ended one inside the palette and I mostly used that one, plus the flat brush from the Alamar set (the green one). (I really like the Naked Palette now that I'm getting used to it. Once I figured out that you just sort of pick a light, a medium, and a dark and run with them, it's really easy to use.)





No comments:

Post a Comment