Monday, January 14, 2019

2018 favorites: Cassiopeia

I said I would post new swatches of my top 3 last week and I never got around to doing the pictures until this weekend. I doubt anybody was waiting breathlessly for that, but if you were, I apologize. Here is Cassiopeia and the other ones will be up later.
I was poking around in old posts and I noticed that back in November when I was talking about browns, I lumped Cassiopeia in with them even though Cassiopeia is not actually a brown, it's a gray (description on the website: "This divine dark gray polish features silvery multi-dimensional glitter for an eye-catching shade that's out of this world"). I think something about the way it interacts with the glitter makes me read it as a really dark brown when it's actually a really dark gray instead. Or maybe it's just that it's so dark you really can't tell what color is it! I don't know. Anyway, it's beautiful, in either case.

I noticed that all three of these polishes (my top 3) are not terribly shiny on their own, so I put Seche Vite over the tips so you could see what they looked like with and without top-coat. Cassiopeia is the least shiny on its own of the three. You definitely want top-coat with this because it brings out the glitter.

Here's a picture taken in shade from earlier this year:

Cassiopeia is sold out at the moment, by the way. Apparently - I only know this because somebody on YouTube mentioned it - KLP had a big sale right after Christmas. (Which is just as well, I keep buying more stuff than I can wear, anyway.) A lot of polishes are out of stock, presumably because of that sale, but usually everything does get restocked there eventually, as long as it's not LE, and Cassiopeia isn't. (It may kind of sound like a zodiac name, but it's not, it's just a run-of-the-mill constellation - it's part of a past winter collection, I believe. The Zodiac polishes will probably not be restocked because they are limited edition.)

No comments:

Post a Comment