Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Chocolate November

This isn't a Topic Tuesday but it's an externally-suggested theme, and I feel like that's the kind of thing I do on Tuesdays these days, whether it's Topic Tuesday proper or something else. (I didn't look to see what the actual Topic Tuesday topic is, but if it's anything that interests me I'll get around to it later!)

#chocolatenovember is apparently a thing that's going around - I think maybe it came from Instagram. Obviously it's a little late for me to decide I'm going to wear nothing but browns in November. (It's past mid-November and I'm wearing Grinchworthy - bright green - at the moment.) But I can find some pictures of browns to show you, at least. I love a good brown. I was already intending to get a brown manicure or two in soon, but you'll see those when the time comes - I'm not sure which ones it will be, anyway! - For that matter, I may go into December & keep doing browns if I'm still feeling it.

This one isn't exactly brown, but it's in the ballpark:
This is RBL Scrangie 2.0, and it's sort of a shifty thing but one of the places it shifts is toward brown, at least.

Here's what's probably my very favorite one, Zoya Cinnamon:
I've showed this a number of times before, and I always have trouble putting my finger on what's so great about it, and I don't think the pictures really show it either. So I can only say: it's sort of bronze-brown, and it's gorgeous. (Incidentally, this and Cassiopeia below may well be the only ones here that are current, although I didn't check.)

I don't know that I have a picture of my least-favorite brown, which is OPI Decades of Shades. I usually end up using the word "poop" when I try to describe it - but some people love it, so they're obviously seeing something I'm not. I guess it's no coincidence that I don't have a picture of it on my nails. I'm sure I have a bottle picture somewhere. (Here. I have a least-favorite polishes tag, I remembered eventually. I wasn't really prepared to go through the whole of my OPI pictures to find it.)

This seems to be Pumpkin Spice (the Xtreme Wear one) over Misa When U Say My Name:
(When U Say My Name is also very pretty on its own - it's a shimmery brown - but I don't see a picture of it on my nails offhand.)

Oh, one more, KL Polish Cassiopeia:
It's a dark brown with very fine holo bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment