Friday, November 23, 2018

Empties: cleanser & concealer

I mentioned in the last post that I had bought Skin Laundry cleanser, and here is what I was using before that:
I love this stuff, but it's really expensive, much more than the Skin Laundry is. This is a little over 5 ounces, and it's $36. I just checked and the Skin Laundry is $20 and it's 6-1/2 ounces or so. That's a pretty big difference - plus I bought the Skin Laundry during the VIB sale so it was actually, what, $16. I do like this Blue Lotus cleanser a lot and I would buy it again if it was a little cheaper. I did math and that comes out to about $7 an ounce for the cleanser above as opposed to a little under $3 for the other one even without the 20% knocked off.

I've talked about this product - L.A.Girl PRO.conceal - a good bit but I still like it so I will talk about it some more. This is one of those color-correcting shades - I think it's Apricot - but this concealer also comes in just the normal colors as well. What I've actually been doing a lot of the time is mixing this and my Shape Tape concealer - I just dot them both onto the brush and then they mix up as I apply them. That seems to work pretty well, because while the apricot color is good at covering up dark circles, it's actually considerably darker than my skin tone so it can look weird on me. (I deliberately bought the Shape Tape a shade darker than I thought my skin-tone was, but it's still quite light.)

No comments:

Post a Comment