Tuesday, November 13, 2018

You're A Mean One (NOTD + swatch)

This is the third China Glaze Grinch polish I bought, You're A Mean One:
This reminds me to a surprising extent of OPI Feel The Chemis-tree from last year's holiday collection, which I really liked. I thought at the time that Chemis-tree had a sort of unicorn-pee-type pigment in it, and I don't think this is quite as obviously shifty as that, but there's still something like that going on. It's hard to tell exactly, but I think it's a purple base with redder shimmer, and then the shift. I haven't been able to pin it down more than that, though!

I had Miracle Gel Buffalo Nickel on before this, which is pewtery, so I just slapped a coat of this on top. (The new brushes are awesome.) It covered up Buffalo Nickel completely with one coat, but I don't really think it would be a one-coater without that something underneath. The swatch was two coats for all three of these, I remember that even though I didn't actually put tick-marks on it.

(I have a picture of Buffalo Nickel on my nails somewhere, I'm pretty sure. I'll post it when I figure out where it went! It was actually super-pretty.)

No comments:

Post a Comment