Saturday, November 17, 2018

R.I.P. Pretty Serious??

So I guess Pretty Serious is dead. Have y'all heard about this? They have been taken over by a liquidator for a debt that they say they didn't owe, but who knows about that. I adored Pretty Serious and I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but man, what a mess. Anyway, I have been waiting more or less patiently for my clearance sale polishes (since July!), but I ordered using Paypal so they will presumably cover it. If you ordered with a credit card it's been over 3 months so I think those people are probably screwed. So sad. I think it's fair to say at least that PS over-reached with the clearance sale - they backordered all those polishes and that's why it's taken so long. Otherwise this all would have been done with already.

(There apparently was a huge kerfluffle on PS's Facebook page - which has now been taken down - and there was another kerfluffle on Acetone Alley where there were accusations of doxxing, I don't know if that just means they posted PS's address or something else. They say you can still talk about it there, just be careful what you say, which you can't blame them for. I came in late so I just saw the remnants of the AA fight and missed whatever went on at Pretty Serious Party People completely. I don't think I'm very sorry to have missed it, really.)

If you had clearance sale stuff and haven't gotten it, you probably got an e-mail from them and know about this already. My order was fairly huge and so it may have been one of the later ones because of that. Apparently there is some chance Americans could still get stuff if it was already sent off to the US but I'm not holding my breath, I went ahead & reported it to PP and if I happen to get some of it later, great!

I'm sad just because I loved Pretty Serious so much. It sounded like Kaz was wanting to go into cosmetics anyway and so the nail polish part of it certainly was never going to be back in its old form, anyway. I thought I'd show some Pretty Serious greatest hits, today. I've still got stuff I haven't worn - Throwing Copper, for one - and I imagine there will be one or two PS things in my yearly favorites as well.

Let's see, what do I love that I haven't talked about in a while? (Here's the PS tag, if you want to browse.) Obviously everything should be considered discontinued and probably more or less HTF at this point. If it shows up in a discount store or something that would probably be in Australia!

Here is Ichi Hanami (very messy, but you can get the idea anyway):

This is Poltergeist Puddle:
I've probably posted this one pretty recently, but I don't care, it's my favorite.

VT-100, a favorite and one of the original Pretty Serious polishes, too:
(That looks like it's mattified, incidentally.)

And this is BSOD, which is also from that same collection:



No comments:

Post a Comment