Friday, February 1, 2019

Sephora Luxe box #2

This is something I bought at least a couple of months ago and never got around to posting - a Sephora Luxe box. This is the second one they've done - I had bought the first Luxe box and wasn't all that impressed. It had better brands but they were still sample-sizes and I just didn't think it was worth $20.

But guess what, I bought another one. It does have a cute bag again:

I justified this in my head because it had one item I knew I really wanted, and that's the one on the left, the Christophe Robin mask:
So it's the hair mask, an Hourglass mascara, Tatcha Water Cream, Tata Harper serum, Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl, which is a "color-changing" lipstick, and the Tom Ford perfume.

I barely paid attention to the perfume at first:
I went, "Meh, another perfume sample," because I've got dozens of those, and I've given away dozens more. But I eventually took a better look at it and realized it's bigger than those standard tiny-sprayer size that everybody uses now. So I finally opened it up and it's actually considerably bigger, and instead of a spray it's a very small rollerball.
It's 3ml - I've gotten where I'm pretty comfortable with ml measurements - for an American - especially since I now have it in my head that the standard nail polish bottle is 15ml (which is half an ounce). So 3ml is 20% of that standard nail polish bottle, or a tenth of an ounce. That's a small amount but like I said, considerably more than the little spray bottles, which are mostly not more than half this size. Actually the full-size of this sells for $45, and it's only twice this size.

Overall, I think all of this is worth what I paid for it. I gave away the mascara but I'll use the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment