Sunday, February 17, 2019

Tarte Life of the Party set

I bought this from Sephora a couple of weeks ago. I also saw it on Tarte's website for the same price. (It was still on the Tarte website as of yesterday but not Sephora.)
It's called the Life of the Party set, and it's five of Tarte's clay formula blushes and bronzers inside a little clutch purse. It was originally $42 (now selling for $25) and they call it a $132 value. The catch - that is, the reason I assume it's still in stock even after being on sale for some time - is that it's extremely light. I'm pretty sure I saw Kathleen Lights (or Tati or somebody) talk about it on YouTube. However, since I am extremely, ridiculously pale myself, I thought it sounded like it might work for me. And I would never have talked myself into trying it if it hadn't been for the clutch, which is big enough to hold a phone and a lipstick and a credit card. That's totally a thing I feel the need to have occasionally, something to carry just those three things.
(Also with handy mirror.)

As far as the actual blushes, they are actually working pretty well for me.
These are limited edition colors, I believe - the first two are Flamingo and Passport.

Then we have Pool Float and Sandy Cheeks (weird name, but whatever) - I usually prefer my blushers to be more berry-colored, but actually this one works surprisingly well. And Sandy Cheeks is a good highlight. The fifth one is visible on the far right, is Tan Lines - I guess it's meant to be the bronzer of the bunch?

I wanted to use the clutch so I put the whole tray in one side of a double-sided Z Palette that happened to be mostly empty.
So I am pretty happy with this, but unless you are super-pale like me it's probably not as useful to most people.


No comments:

Post a Comment