Sunday, February 3, 2019

Blackheart Beauty (Hot Topic)

Back in December, we were in the mall and we wandered into Hot Topic - not normally a place I go - and I remembered that they had these polishes in the skull bottles which I've always thought looked cool (hang the polish, it's the bottle I really want) and so I rooted through a big sale bin until I found a couple I liked - they were two for $5. The brand-name on these is Blackheart Beauty.
So I ended up with a navy matte, on the left, and a black holo glitter.
Their names are very descriptive, I guess you'd say. The navy one says - in minute print - BH NAVY VAMP SATIN MATTE NP (I guess "vamp" refers to what the cap says, Vampire Matte. Then the other one is a bit more succinct, it says BLK AB STARGAZER. I think that's their way of saying "black holo" - I know from a past jewelry-marking hobby that AB stands in jewelry for Aurora Borealis, which is a kind of a shifty/shiny coating that gets put on crystal beads (like Swarovski and Czech crystal beads). (See here.) And "Stargazer" is on the cap, you can see it in the top picture. (I'm assuming that both Stargazer and Vampire Matte are collection names.)

For brevity, let's call this one "Navy Vamp":
You can see that it is in fact a satin finish. I definitely don't have a navy matte polish, so that's pretty cool.

And let's call this one "Black Stargazer":
Their descriptive names are quite spot-on (assuming that "AB" means anything to you) - this is a fine holo glitter in a black base. It seems very opaque, too. I've never had any of these polishes before so I'm wondering about wear-time, but they're interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment