Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Hair and makeup samples

I feel like I'm always showing samples - Ipsy, Sephora, Nordstrom, everybody gives out samples these days - but they're usually new and pristine. These are ones I've actually used up and have opinions on:
Let's start with the makeup - the Kat Von D foundation. It's not really surprising that I wasn't too crazy about it, because I've come to prefer very light foundation these days and this is not meant to be that, I gather. That said, it didn't feel bad - and the color was nice. If I needed heavy coverage I'd certainly consider it. (Here it is on Sephora's website - it says it's high-pigment, full coverage.)

The other two are hair products, both leave-in conditioners, in fact. I mentioned the Drybar Bay Breeze "shot" before - it's supposed to be a single application. I liked it but not enough to pay $10 a shot for it. It felt very nice on my hair, though. It was the Ouidad that I fell in love with. It seemed like it tamed my inclined-to-be-frizzy hair more than most things I've tried. There are probably cheaper products out there for this purpose but I did really, really like this. I might give it another try in the future.

Ouidad Moisture Lock, still pretty expensive in the small size at $26
Drybar Hydrating Shots, $10 or $38/4

No comments:

Post a Comment