Sunday, May 15, 2016

Purple Poodle, Houston We Have A Purple

This is Orly Purple Poodle and OPI Houston We Have A Purple, which I talked about in more detail back in January:
My ongoing stash project has gotten to this same purple-to-pink part of the color wheel, so I thought it was a good time to repeat these. Both of these are jellies which both have purple in their name, but which read as almost identical fuchsia colors on the wheel. I think they have more or less the same base color, but Purple Poodle has a fairly heavy violet shimmer in it, so that's the difference. You just can't really see it on the wheel, here.

(Purple Poodle is still showing up on Orly's website, which is what the link on the name leads to, but I don't think it's a polish that's easily findable any more. The OPI polish does not show up on their website, but that doesn't really mean it's not findable any more, in this case: the link is to Amazon. I bought mine from some random beauty e-tailer, I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment