Saturday, May 7, 2016

NOTD: Frida over Sand & Stilettos

I had this on a week or so ago - I wanted to try out  Zoya Frida, so I put it over Funky Fingers Sand & Stilettos, which I actually fished out of my destash box.
I think it's probably going to stay in the destash box, though - it's just not really to my taste. It's a heavy silver holo glitter (you can see it on the wheel here); even with three or four coats of Frida on top it was still hugely shiny. I like Frida (I like Frida a lot, actually) and I like jelly sandwiches, but S&S even just as as the bottom part of the sandwich is too much for me.

I just took off another mani that I didn't take a picture of, and that was Small Dim Summer Stars. That's one of the RBL polishes I bought in their closeout sale; it's a very dark green with small glitter. It really read almost like a shimmer-packed black - I have a couple of those, and that's what I thought of. But then you'd get a flash of green once in a while, so it was interesting. I liked it.

As I said I might in the last entry, I'm wearing Girls On Film. Only - not particularly to my surprise - I didn't like it too much. The base is just so, so pale. Basically, I bought it back when as a test case for those speckled Easter-egg-type polishes, and I've never bought another one. Me and pastels do not mix, I say it over and over again, and just about every time I decide to test it out again, I get the same results. So how I dealt with it this time was by making it into another sandwich - I put two coats of Are You Jelly? on top of it. The speckles still show through, but now it's bright pink instead of pale pink. Much better. (I'll try to remember to get a picture.)

I'm slightly tempted to put Girls On Film in the destash box too, but I bet I don't, simply because it's one-of-a-kind in my collection. I can't quite make myself get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment