Thursday, April 28, 2016

Revlon Red, Guys & Galaxies

So this is Revlon Revlon Red (that is, "Revlon Red" is the actual color name) and Nicole by OPI Guys & Galaxies.
Revlon Red is pretty much your basic bright red, but it's a pretty one. (I've tried to google this a couple of times, and you end up with every red that Revlon has ever done, even if you put the name in quotes, so I've given up on that.) I also put Guys & Galaxies really lightly on the top half of the nail swatch. Guys & Galaxies is a holo glitter which apparently was an Ipsy exclusive back in 2014. I almost gave this away and then I swatched it and ended up keeping it instead. It's not really like anything else I have. (Sand & Stilettos, above it on the swatch wheel, might be the closest, but they're not really the same, either. If I can round both of them up again maybe I'll do a direct comparison. This whole swatch project has played hell with being able to find things because I keep moving everything around as I swatch it.

Added: I stumbled onto a reference somewhere about Revlon Red; it turns out to be one of their very oldest colors, as in dating back to the 1930s. I suspected that it was an older one, but didn't expect quite that old. (Revlon was founded around 1930, as I recall.)

Note that OPI proper also has a color called Guys & Galaxies - it was in the 2015 holiday collection - which is completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment