Saturday, April 23, 2016

INRAW, Life Of The Party

In case you're not familiar with the abbreviation, INRAW = I'm Not Really A Waitress, OPI's classic red. Also here we have Essie Life Of The Party. It's hard to find dependable information on these things, but I think that both of these date back to the late 90s. (See the bottom of this entry for a bit more info on dates)
I don't think you'd quite call them dupes, but they are pretty similar. I think of them as "funky reds" - I never could decide whether to buy INRAW because everybody's descriptions of it differ so much. Both of these are kind of darker, kind of oddly pinkish, kind of metallic(ish). Google around and you'll probably find other descriptions applied to INRAW, especially (because it's been out there all this time, whereas Life Of The Party has been discontinued and is newly rereleased, in the anniversary group with Starry Starry Night). I like them both and I was tempted to go buy Life Of The Party in a full-size, but I talked myself out of it. Since I have I'm Not Really A Waitress (which I never did buy for myself: I eventually got it as a gift), I don't really need another polish that's so similar.

Makeup Alley page for INRAW
Daily Varnish review of the Essie Retro Revival collection, including Life Of The Party (she makes the comparison with INRAW as well; she says that Life Of The Party is a little newer than INRAW - it dates to 2002, where INRAW was released in 1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment