Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Malaga Wine, Black Metal Dahlia

OPI doesn't label their minis, which is annoying, but I know what was in the set that I bought* and so I'm reasonably confident that this is Malaga Wine. The other one is OCC Black Metal Dahlia.
These two look pretty similar in the bottle, but you can see on the wheel that Malaga Wine is not nearly as dark. BMD is darker and, as the name implies, more metallic. (Black Metal Dahlia is not listed on OCC's nail polish page - or on their sale page, either - so I guess it's discontinued. - There's a color called Black Dahlia which says it's blackened red but looks totally purple, so I assume that's actually a different color. I have seen BMD around fairly recently, though, so it may still be findable.)

Added: Here's a swatch of Black Dahlia. I'm thinking it's basically the same color without the metallic finish.

2015 BMD mani here

*The particular set that I bought was called Take Ten, and it was classic OPI colors, basically. You can see on the side of the mini that I now have taken to labeling my unlabeled/unreadable polishes with garage sale neon dots, which are awesome for this. I wish I'd thought of it several years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment