Monday, April 25, 2016

Kierra, Elle's Spell

This is Zoya Kierra (which is discontinued) and Barielle Elle's Spell:
I had copied Zoya's descriptions for my older polishes, and what it says for Kierra is that it's brown-based, which surprises me. To be exact, it says "brown-based wine purple with fine metallic mauve shimmer." I would say it reads as a burgundy - it's not notably purple-leaning and not really marsala-type brown leaning either, that I can see. On the other hand, Elle's Spell is still around, so if you don't already have it and you like flakies, I would say hie thee over to Barielle's website and get it. Or at least, get on their mailing list and wait for a sale, if you don't want to pay full price. They do have really good deals from time to time. Elle's Spell is not only a flakie, it's a flakie in a jelly base, which is probably why it looks lighter here. I usually wear it over a base of something else in this color range. It's awesome. (Barielle makes nice polishes and they usually get ignored - it's a shame.)

No comments:

Post a Comment