Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Zoya Earth Day haul

I almost always let myself get talked into Zoya's Earth Day deal (although I think I skipped last year) - it has a minimum of 6 polishes, so that's what I got. (It's still going on til the 30th: code ZGREEN, 50% off plus free shipping, and you can recycle some old polishes in the bargain.)

I also have some new Butter London polishes, but since Zoya's is a sale that's still ongoing, I'll put it up first.

I don't usually pay a lot of attention to spring collections because I'm not into pastels, but I ended up watching Miss Holly's video (see down at the bottom, I'll link it) about the Zoya Petals collection, so that's what three of the six that I bought are. They are just not all that pastel - that's a plus as far as I'm concerned - plus they have a lot of shimmer, which I have a weakness for. The other three came off my wish list. (I had a huge Zoya wish list a couple of years ago, but I've gradually whittled it down to the point where it's pretty small. I either have ordered them or decided I didn't want them after all and deleted them, so there's not all that much left.)

So here's my six:
Top row is the 3 Petals polishes, the new spring collection: Aster, Azalea, Leia
Bottom row is the wishlist: Frida (which is a jelly), Maya, Robyn

Now I have to say that I opened this and went, "I didn't order an orange!" I knew it was supposed to be coral but I thought Maya was going to be more pink-ish. On my screen, anyway; it looks definitely more pink in their photos. But anyway, I'll try it - it does look slightly more pink on the nail wheel, too, so maybe I'll like it more than I think.

I took separate nail wheel pictures and I'll show those later, but meanwhile note that that is Frida at the bottom of the wheel. It looks nothing like it does in the bottle, but I've got the other two of the three Gloss polishes already so I expected that one.

Oh, and also, Leia is a sheer (opalescent) polish and so I tried it on the tip of most of the other wheel swatches. My first thought on seeing it on a swatch is that it reminds me of my beloved Travel In Colour. It has definite pink leanings.



Here's Holly's video (I'm putting it under a cut because the last one I tried to link was really huge! - although this one doesn't seem to have that same problem.)




No comments:

Post a Comment