Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Play by Sephora for March

I always say "Sephora Play" but in fact it's the other way around (and it maybe has an exclamation point in it - apparently yes). Anyway, I'm pretty sure everybody knows what I'm talking about either way, or if you don't, saying "Play! by Sephora" is not particularly going to enlighten you. Follow the link up there if you need enlightening. (I've started watching the videos for each month lately, somewhat belatedly, and they're helpful.)

Also that link says that you get a collectible bag each month, which is a new thing if so. (I've had about a six-month vacation from Ipsy bags, I'm ready for some new bags now.) I haven't gotten my April box yet, although I got a notice that it shipped, so that could be starting in April or maybe not til May. But meanwhile I can catch up and show you March.

March's theme was "the perfection collection":

I didn't take as many pictures as I do some months, but I think you can get the idea here.
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
  • Sephora Collection The Perfectionist Airbrush Sponge
  • Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield SPF 30
  • Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
  • Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
  • Maison Martin Margiela 'Replica' Beach Walk
So far the item that I've used the most is the liner. If you're not already familiar with this, it goes on sort of like a felt-tip pen, which I like. Actually I have at least tried out all of this, which is unusual. There's usually at least one thing that I end up putting aside to give away. I was just sure I would love "Beach Walk" but actually I didn't. I'm not sure what was up with that, but I'm notably picky about scents so you never know. ("bergamot, coconut milk, lemon, pink pepper, and musk" says the website, which is a bit of an odd combination, to my mind.)

Also, if you're interested in trying out the Fresh soy cleanser and your birthday is coming up, you can get it for free, if you're a Beauty Insider. Which means, I believe, that all you have to do is sign up, if you haven't already. I used to buy stuff from Sephora's website long before there was a store in Houston, so I've belonged to that program forever - but this is the first year I've remembered to get my birthday gift. There is a choice this year, either a Fresh set or a Marc Jacobs set - the other item in the Fresh set is a mask, I believe, and the Jacobs set has a mini-lipstick and an eyeliner. Since I already had a cleanser I went for the other choice. (I have other Sephora goodies, which I'll take a picture of when it quits raining. We're kinda having monsoon season here right now.)

Oh, and there's also a little plastic thingy (you can see it at the bottom) that briefly baffled me - it's a tiny container, and if you take it to a Sephora store they are supposed to fill it with foundation for you. I think that's to get you to try out their color-matching thing. I intended to go try it out but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment