Thursday, April 14, 2016

NOTD: Vogue, with and without Elle's Spell

I put Square Hue Vogue on Tuesday night and then yesterday I washed my hair. It's really pretty, and it held up pretty well even for the hair-washing, but it did chip a little and there was some noticeable tipwear:
It's not terribly noticeable in this picture, but trust me, it's there. So after work last night I started thinking about what I could put over it, and it occurred to me that Barielle Elle's Spell is a very similar color, really.

So I patched Vogue up and put two coats of Elle's Spell on top and got this:
Well, actually I got better than what you see here, because this is not a great picture, but I like the results a lot. Vogue on its own is not noticeably shimmery but it has a kind of pearly finish to it - I think that shows up in the picture at the top. Elle's Spell replaces that with the sparks from the flakes. I like it a lot both ways, when it comes right down to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment