Tuesday, April 5, 2016

NOTD: Rikki + Locavore, Cor Blimey + TinC

This was my Easter manicure - grass-green with multi-colored glitter. I liked this one a lot so it may get trotted out again at some point in the future.
My fingers are at a slightly odd angle, which makes my nails look shorter than they actually are, I think. They're pretty short because I cut them down to match the shortest one (the ring-finger) but they're not cut right down to the quick or anything.

Anyway, this is Zoya Rikki, which is the grass-green part, more or less, a fairly pale green metallic, with RBL Locavore on top. Locavore is mixed small glitters - I'm pretty sure I saw green and gold and purple, at least. This is the first time I'd tried Locavore, and I did really like it - although I did end up matte-ing it down, as I usually do these days.


And since Easter was a week ago, here's the one that followed it - first Butter London Cor Blimey, and then Travel in Colour on top of that later on.
I made a mess of this manicure - for one thing it was very slow to dry, which might have had to do with the weather, I don't know. But anyway, you can see the color, which is a very dark purple. It doesn't read as black, though, which is always nice. I did put Seche Vite over this - on its own it's got a definite satin-tone to it, not quite matte but close.

I wore that for a day and then I put Travel In Colour (the China Glaze color-shifter topcoat) on to cover up most of the mess - but then I liked it so much that after a couple more days when that had chipped I did the whole thing over again:
Travel In Colour did its usual thing, which is to shift it towards pink, so that it ends up more of a red-violet. Plus this bottle of TinC was very thick - so much so that I was wondering if I hadn't shut it tightly enough at some point - which made it turn the whole thing much lighter. But I really do like it this way, so it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment