Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Recent swatching

I bought some polishes lately from HB Beauty Bar (Nebula, which I showed yesterday, was also one of them), and I have some other assorted stuff I haven't previously shown swatches of. So here goes.

I still have Nebula on as I'm writing this, and this one was my mani last week and I really liked it: Morgan Taylor Sarong But So Right. (I think I called it Sarong So Right on Instagram, but I was incorrect.)
It's really very pretty and glowy. My only gripe was that it didn't wear particularly well, but I have that problem a lot so it may just be me and my very imperfect manicure prep skills, I don't know.

This one I haven't worn yet, but I'm sure I will soon: Essie You're A Gem, which is from a recent collection, Gorgeous Geodes - Essie calls them holographic metallics.
I'm not entirely sure why I picked this particular one, but it's very pretty. Sort of a pale-brown holo, which is not something you see every day. (I know I watched Jess's video about this set before I bought this, so I'll link to it down at the bottom.)

I bought a couple more of the Insta-Dri matte polishes, and I keep thinking I've already posted these, but actually I seem to have only posted the Crayola metallics and not these, so it's just me being confused as usual. This one is Smouldering Teal:
Half the time when I buy matte polishes I end up wearing top-coat anyway (see: Zoya Matte Velvets), but these are not that way. I like these the way they're supposed to be worn, with no top-coat at all.

And then this one is Molten Mauve:
Note that in the bottle it doesn't look at all like what I think of as mauve, but on the nail, it actually does.

Aaand a random LA Colors polish - this one is Teal Appeal.

I've got a couple of OPIs I haven't swatched somewhere, but this is enough for one day, anyway. (I also went crazy and bought a huge box of indies that will probably be here in a couple of weeks, but we'll talk about that one when it arrives.)



1 comment:

  1. Discover the magic of QHT Hair Transplant – a modern marvel in hair restoration. Witness incredible success stories and learn about advanced techniques for regaining your confidence. Find out how QHT is transforming lives!

    ReplyDelete