Monday, September 7, 2020

Happy things (planners & life)


This bit of my planner is months old, but I liked it and I thought I'd post it anyway:

I guess I should explain. I had a small tumor removed, and I was going to have five radiation treatments, but then they (meaning a committee, or that was the impression I got, at least) decided at the last minute that it was overkill and they cancelled it! I'm very glad this was unneeded, as you might guess. But the funky letters & bright pastels were cheering to me when I was still anticipating having to do it.

Actually this said "radiation week" - the "week" part was on the facing page.

This is in the Lifeplanner, but the letter stickers came out of a Happy Planner "megapack" book - the pastel one. (That book may or may not be discontinued, but I found copies various places when I searched. I think it was a really good deal at $20, not so much at its list price of $50.)


The 2021 Happy Planners came out this past week, and it made me kind of glad I bought what I bought already - I had bought some marked-down 18-month planners that go through the end of 2021. Not that there's anything wrong with the new ones, but I still like the ones I already have - which is the "All the Seasons" vertical book, and two horizontal ones to journal in ("Bookish" to talk about books in, and "LOLquotes" for everything else). Oh, and a skinny classic that I think is called Ink Splash, too. I do really like some of the flower and plant themes in the new planners, especially, but there's nothing that particularly makes me sorry I didn't wait.

Happy Planner always names their planners & notebooks something other than what it says on the cover:

This is "All the Seasons" even though it says "A well planned day" on the front. I am very literalist sometimes, and my instinct is to call it what it says - but I'm sure they have their reasons. Anyway, "a well planned day" is totally not my actual style (in planning or in life, really), but I like the purple cover and the rainbow and the rainbow disks, so oh well, we'll think of the well-planned day thing as a goal, right? And it has adorable seasonal-themed dividers that I really love.

Added: a flip-through of the above planner!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment