Monday, April 29, 2019

NOTD: Stone of Reality

I tend to forget until too late to wear my appropriate fandom polishes to the appropriate movie, but I remembered for Endgame. This is Stone of Reality:
I wore it last summer and I liked it but didn't really love it. This time I decided maybe it needed an undercoat, and so I put a red creme polish underneath, and that helped a great deal. I even tweeted a picture of it from the theater right before the lights went all the way down.

This is a really sparkly microglitter. It is a "real" glitter, not a flakie or anything, so it goes on with some texture, and I assume it will be a little bit of trouble to get off. But I think it was totally worth it. (I'm toying with the idea of buying some more - the infinity stones are all still available, right now.)


And just for the record, this is approximately how many coats of polish are on my nails right now:
  1. base-coat (whatever I happened to grab at the time - I've been alternating between a really old discontinued Revlon one and a brand-new NailsInc treatment one)
  2. red creme - I'm pretty sure it was Wet n Wild Red Red
  3. and also
  4. two coats (I think) of Stone of Reality (if it wasn't two it was three!)
  5. Gelous - just to make sure it was nice and smooth
  6. NailsIncSuperfood

No comments:

Post a Comment