Tuesday, January 22, 2019

2018 favorites: Night Owl

I only own two polishes from Night Owl, and both of them are in my top 20 of 2018, which I guess tells you that the early returns on this brand are highly favorable! One of those was a Polish Pickup choice from early in the year, which means I put it in the Honorable Mention category since it's no longer available. The other one is a flakie top-coat.

This is the top-coat, Rustling Leaves (over WnW Black Creme):
It's flakies in various fall colors. I've tried this over several different colors, and it always looks beautiful, although it shows up better over some colors than others. It is still available but I would grab it fast if you're interested, because who knows how long it's going to be there.

And then the other one is the Polish Pickup selection, and they are always limited edition. That's Tastes Like Purple:
You can see that it looks a little like a lighter version of Purple Monkey Dishwasher, above it on the wheel. They actually have very different formulas, though. PMD is a microglitter, while Tastes Like Purple is full of flakies and holo glitter. Here's my original entry about this polish.

Somebody on YouTube did a quick swatch video for this (less than a minute long):


No comments:

Post a Comment