Thursday, March 1, 2018

Polish Pickup

Note: I re-read this and decided to move the swatch pictures up closer to the top and move the part where I was being chatty about reorganizing, etc., down below that. So if you want to read that part, scroll down.

Earlier this week, my Polish Pickup polishes arrived - I got two, and this is the first time I've bought from them. (I had to start another new wheel for them!)

Before I get to that, I checked and the next Polish Pickup appears to start on Friday. By the time I post this that will be "tomorrow" - it only stays open a few days and some of the polishes go fast, so go and grab what you like!

This is Tastes Like Purple, from Night Owl Lacquer (is that a synesthesia joke?):
I have that on and I'll put up the mani pictures later on. It's a gorgeous purple, obviously, and it has blue bits and I think flakies as well as other shiny stuff. (Almost all these Polish Pickup polishes - maybe indie polishes in general these days - have 10 zillion things going on - thermals, shifts, holo glitter, scattered holo, etc. Not that that's a bad thing!) Here is somebody else's swatches for comparison.

And the second one I got was The Pie Hole:
This would be one of those funky greens I was talking about (see below), although this one didn't make that wheel because I'd already filled it up before this got here. This one has not quite as much going on, but I still like it a lot. It's basically jade (maybe slightly grayed out) with copper glitter. Very cool.


(I also had a weak moment and ordered several things from Pretty Serious, but part of it is pre-orders so I don't expect that to turn up for several weeks. Because of that I'm going to try not to look too hard at the new Polish Pickup. Except I'm weak and I've already looked and I want that Zombie Claw polish.)


I mentioned last week that I was re-organizing and since I also had a list of what I thought needed to be swatched again (mostly because of really crappy out-of-focus pictures the first time around - really I wouldn't even recommend looking at that link, it gives me a headache), I did several wheels' worth of swatches while I was organizing. I did a whole wheel of pink, one of reds which you've already started seeing, a whole wheel that's mostly "funky greens" that I'll probably try to work in starting soon - maybe tomorrow - since it's more or less seasonally appropriate for March, and then one night over the weekend I sat and watched Age of Ultron and did two purple wheels. So I can't complain about not having anything to post for a while.

(I feel like superhero movies are a good thing to put on while doing something like this that's going to divide your attention, because for the most part I've already seen them multiple times and don't really feel the need to look at the screen constantly. However, Age of Ultron is pretty much the exception on that because I saw it once in the theater and never have seen it since. I remembered the basic plot and not much else. But the Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther movies both refer back to it so I decided it was time to rent it - not buy. I'm still not that into it. It's watchable but it's never going to be one of my favorites.) (Those two, above? Maybe are my new Marvel favorites.)

No comments:

Post a Comment