Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Layla CE61

This is Layla Ceramic Effect CE61 (aka "Ipanema Girl" or "Golden Green"):
This is maybe the closest to a traditional shamrock-green that's on this wheel. It's a nice bright green with some golden-green shimmer. (I'm not sure if it's got both lime and gold, or if there's something shifty in there. It's hard to tell.)

I used to wear this a lot but I think it's been a while since I've worn it. But I remember well how much I liked it back in the day.

I'm not sure about availability - I think I bought mine from Llarowe. It's still on Color4Nails' website but it says it's out of stock. I found some assorted Ceramic Effect colors available on Amazon, some of them at pretty outrageous prices, so I'm thinking this line generally is getting legitimately hard to find, at least in the US. (Layla is an Italian brand, if I'm remembering correctly.)

(Added: I went back and poked around on eBay and found a bottle there for $5 plus $15 or so for shipping from Italy. So that doesn't tell me anything about this particular polish and whether it's current, really, but probably the overall answer about Layla is just that they don't have a US distributor these days.)


No comments:

Post a Comment