Tuesday, March 20, 2018

NOTD: The Pie Hole over Bitter Buddhist

I showed the mani a week ago with Bitter Buddhist by itself and I really do like that polish. I had put it on over the weekend and while I did eventually put something else over it, it wasn't until Thursday, I think, and it still had only a little bit of tip-wear. It did really good.

But I had noticed that The Pie Hole from Fanchromatic Nails, the other polish I had gotten from Polish Pickup, was pretty close in color and so it seemed like a really good candidate for layering over it. So eventually I added that, and I really like it. It's similar to Bitter Buddhist in base color - maybe a little murkier of a green, but pretty close, but it has copper bits in it so it ends up with this really nice verdigris-ish effect.
I think it looks more bright here than it was in real life, but at least you can see the copper bits here.

In fact it was a close match to the little sticker on my planner:

By the way, I'm reading a really great book about color - The Secret Lives of Color. It's a collection of 2-3 page articles about different colors and I'm hooked - but I haven't gotten to the greens yet so I don't know if "verdigris" is in there. (Added: I peeked, and in fact it is.)


No comments:

Post a Comment