Thursday, March 15, 2018

She's Beyond Kelp!

This is KBShimmer She's Beyond Kelp!
This may have been one of the first multichrome-flakie collections - at least, I remember everybody being completely obsessed with these when they came out. Here is the whole collection from Popsugar, but as I remember it, absolutely everybody who did swatches was swatching these. I'm not sure this was called a limited edition collection, but I checked and it's definitely not currently on the website. Anyway, you can't really see the blue too much here, but this one is a shifty flakie that flashes green-to-blue when the light hits it right. This is one of only a couple of my polishes where I've had people completely drop what they were doing to exclaim over it.


Added:
(1) Here's an older picture where you can see the blue flash.

(2) I got an e-mail from KBS announcing that they have done a big redesign - of their logo, website, etc. Their new collection is multichrome magnetics - good lord, magnetics are coming back around again? (What's next, crackles?) I don't have the patience for magnetics but they do look pretty tasty, I have to admit.

(The new logo is cute but has somewhat less personality - really I like this one better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment