Friday, March 9, 2018

NOTD: Don't Mesh With Me (matte) over Smooth Sailing

This is Essie Smooth Sailing (in the slightly wonky light in my living room):
It's a periwinkle-ish blue shimmer which is somewhat grayed-out. It's pretty but I wanted more oomph (no surprise, from me) so I added China Glaze Don't Mesh With Me, another new polish from the Rebel collection. (I got two more of those on eBay, so I think I now have six from that collection, if I'm remembering right. - I still didn't get Combat Blue-ts, though, which I was talking about wanting there.) I put on two coats of that, and then I decided it had maybe a little too much oomph, so I put Matte All The Things on top, and came out with this:
Which I like a lot. The tips being messed up is my fault, I think - it's not wear. Somewhere in all the layers I didn't let something dry well enough. (I should have taken the picture of the other hand, which looks fine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment