Friday, March 23, 2018

Shelby vs Look At My Bow!

These two polishes are more or less what you'd call cherry-blossom pink, I guess - this one is Zoya Shelby:
Cherry trees are not something that grow down here, so I don't think I've ever seen cherry blossoms in real life, that I recall, but this does seem like the kind of color that you see in pictures, anyway. I thought this color was bright enough that I would like it more than I actually do, mostly because I don't think it's very flattering on me. (Too warm-toned, maybe?) I notice on Zoya's website that there are reviews that complain about the application - I don't particularly remember having trouble with that, but then I haven't worn it in a good while, either.

Then I also have OPI Look At My Bow! from the Hello Kitty collection. You can see it below Shelby above, so you can compare. It's the same general ballpark of pink but it's a little lighter and more sort of bubblegum-toned. But they're still relatively close.
The ALU link that I posted above has swatch comparisons of the two, and they look even closer there than they do here. Note that the Hello Kitty collection came and went very quickly, and so those probably are harder to find - certainly harder than Shelby, which is current.

No comments:

Post a Comment