Thursday, March 29, 2018

Azalea, Royal Highness, & Deception

These are not particularly pastel-colored polishes, they're just stuff I had in my picture file that looked spring-like to me. This is Zoya Azalea, which was from the spring collection two years ago, if I'm remembering right. That was the collection that had Leia in it as well, and Aster, I belive. (Leia is a good addition to all kind of polishes, I'm going to have to buy myself a back up bottle!)
It's not as pink as Rory, above it on the wheel. I think it's a hair more coral. Any of these paler pinks are always a good bet for easter. (More or less what I said about St.Patrick's Day holds here - I don't actually celebrate Easter. I do like the spring and chicks and bunnies (and candy) part of it. I just think of it as a celebration of spring rather than a religious holiday.)

I do have ombre-experimentations on my mind - I'm looking at these gradations of pink, and also the blue polishes I showed before. (Or purple would also be awesome.) We'll see if I really do it. I do have the supplies, or I have latex and sponges, anyway. That's all you need, right?

Here's a nice medium purple, Bonita Royal Highness:
This one is pretty packed with shimmer, and so offhand I don't know anything exactly like it, but most brands have something pretty similar as far as having a creme that's a similar color to this. I like shimmers better than I like cremes, so given a choice I'll always pick the shimmer - but I don't think this one is findable any more.

This is a jelly that was LE, Wild Shine Deception:
I love jellies as layering polishes but this one is really pretty on its own, too - but notice that it takes three coats to get there. That's pretty par for the course for a jelly, I'd say. (Look at this: this is another one that has faded noticeably in the last couple of years. More in the bottle than on the nail, though, it looks like.)

No comments:

Post a Comment