Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Goodies from Smith & Cult

I think I mentioned before (if not here, it was on Twitter, or possibly both) that I had gotten some polishes from Smith & Cult. Their polishes are normally $18, which is generally more than I'm willing to pay, but I got a coupon in my e-mail from Neiman Marcus for $25 off a $50 purchase. I'm only on their e-mail list because my sister used to work there, because they don't sell a lot that's in my price-range, but I looked at that and nail polish was basically my first thought, and Smith & Cult has been on my mental want-to-try list from the moment that I first saw a picture of one of their polishes. I poked around looking at other brands, but I ended up back at Smith & Cult.

Then I had to decide on colors. I was really tempted to get Gay Ponies Dancing In The Snow because that's a great and hilarious name, and because, hey, pink glitter! but I looked at some people's swatches and decided maybe not. And sometimes my love of pink glitter in theory exceeds my love for it in real life, I've noticed that before. I did buy a glitter, but it ended up being Dirty Baby instead. And then besides that I got Bitter Buddhist, which you've already seen here, and Stockholm Syndrome, one of those cool purple-taupe colors. There are several more colors which I'm still eyeing. (I googled "best Smith & Cult polishes" and kept getting recommendations for the red, which is all well and good - I like red a whole lot - but I'm well aware that I own many red polishes and hardly ever wear them. I even wrote a blog entry about that not long ago. So I ignored those recommendations, in the end.)

Anyway, three S&C colors, with the coupon, ended up being $29 plus tax, which is not at all bad. And here are the polishes:
(R-L: Stockholm Syndrome, Dirty Baby, Bitter Buddhist)
Note that the artfully-banged-up cap is removable - and quite heavy. The inner cap has a short brush which I find really easy to use. I guess actually the short brush-length was mandated when they went with these shallow bottles, but I like it.

For the record, these bottles hold 14ml of polish, or just under the standard 0.5 oz bottle size. That's not enough difference that I particularly care about that.

(Added: I googled and 14ml equals 0.47 ounces, if you want to know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment