Friday, January 25, 2019

Shooting Star/Mini Mani wrap-up

Here is Ciate Shooting Star, the only full-size polish from Mini Mani Month:
It was the Christmas Eve polish, Day 24. I think the general consensus from the people that bought this set is that this was not a great choice. I wouldn't have minded having it as one of the minis but I know from experience that I will never ever use up a full bottle of this. It is rather pretty - the stars and the glitter are both holo-ish, but it's quite sparse. I looked up a bunch of reviews of this set in the last couple of months, and almost every review said this same thing - they liked most of the minis, but this polish was at best underwhelming.

I also have a picture of the 18 minis I ended up with (after giving two of the most neutral ones away):
I arranged this loosely by finish - the bottom row and a couple on the middle row are cremes, most of the top row is things that are definitely top-coats or seemed to me could be used as top-coats, at least, and the rest of the middle row is shimmery or metallic. It's a pretty good mix, really - a little heavy on the cremes, but then I know most people are bigger fans of cremes than I am.

The final tally for the 24 days was the one full-size polish above, 20 minis, one mini top-coat, one mini cuticle oil (they call it "jelly oil"), and one set of nail stickers. Totally worth the $59, I think, although I have to admit that I'm not entirely sure if I'll buy another one - partly because I saw pictures of some past versions and it had some of the same colors that this did. (Really, I will probably look at next year's set and see how many of those are colors I already have and decide then whether I think another one will be worth doing!)

Here's a list of my previous posts with the swatches and other pictures, for reference. (I also made a Ciate tag, and since these are the only Ciates I have, that tag should carry you right to all these entries.)
Overview
Days 1-2
Days 3-7
Days 8-9, 13-14
Days 10-12, 15-16
Days 17-23

No comments:

Post a Comment