Wednesday, January 23, 2019

2018 favorites: top-coats

I thought I'd put the two top-coats from my favorites wheel together. (I'm trying not to still be talking about favorites in February, so that means I can't go one at a time or I'll never make it!) This is Live Love Polish Basilisk:
I really have liked this a lot when I've worn it, but that's only been once or twice. I swatched it with two coats so you can see it better (when I swatched it before it didn't really show up well).

And then I also re-swatched KBShimmer You Dew You, which is a "unicorn pee" top-coat:
So Unicorn Pee is really shifty and beautiful, in general, but I don't think this swatch shows you much, really. The swatch I did before shows more, in this case. (I'm also making a tag called "unicorn pee(ish)" which is kind of a goofy name but there's so many unicorn-pee and unicorn-pee-like polishes around these days that I decided a tag of some sort was warranted!)

I really need to stop buying top-coats for a while - I love them but I don't wear them all that much and I have a ton of them. I really could have put more of these in the top 20 - I also bought a couple of Starrily ones that I really like. So that's four within the past year or so. I need to not buy them and I need to wear the ones I have a lot. Now I could use somebody to remind me of that periodically - it's the kind of thing I say and then forget about completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment