Friday, July 27, 2018

Basilisk

I had a Live Love Polish coupon, and I wanted to use it before I lost my code or something (because I'm known to do things like that), and so I bought Basilisk:
It's a top-coat. You can't see anything but white in the picture above, so I also wanted to show you the one below, which is from a different angle and has a bit more personality!
I don't really think the swatch below shows much personality, either, really:
I think this has several colors of shifty stuff, really - in my favorite cool colors, blue, green & purple - but you can't much see that here. It looked gorgeous in my living room but the camera just didn't pick it up. It's sold out on LLP right now but here's the page for it. As always, their pictures are lovely.

(Added: I had been wearing Zoya Liberty for several days and I felt like it needed refreshing, so I put Basilisk on top of it, and it really looks beautiful - since Liberty is bright blue you can't really see all the shifty stuff, of course, but it still is gorgeous and shimmery. I tried taking a picture but can't get anything that comes near doing it justice.)

For the record, in case you didn't notice from the packaging pictures, this is a smaller-than-average bottle - it's 0.33 oz. rather than 0.5. Smaller bottles are becoming more and more the norm, I think, though. I don't like super-itty-bitty bottles - things like 0.17 oz (like some minis I've seen lately), but .33 or .4 is okay, as long as you realize what you're buying. (I actually didn't, in this case, but I didn't really look so it's my own fault.)

The other note I have about Live Love Polish is that they seem to be following in Llarowe's path, in that they started out carrying many brands and now mostly seem to be selling their own brands. I remember hearing about some... unpleasantness, shall we say, about that with Llarowe back in the day. I think when you start making your own polishes but are also selling others that's naturally going to cause some conflict. But hey, it seems to have worked out in the end for Llarowe - at least, the brand is still around - and LLP's brand seems to be doing well as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment