Friday, July 13, 2018

Leisel

This is Zoya Leisel, which is a sheer top-coat:
I was thinking I was going to have trouble figuring out what to say about this, and it actually turns out that Zoya doesn't have a lot to say about it either, really. This is their entire blurb about it:
Leisel by Zoya can be best described as a sheer, sparkling topper.
Color Family - Purple
Finish - Metallic
Intensity - 3 (1 = Sheer - 5 = Opaque)
Tone - Cool
I think it's pretty but I can't say that I have really figured out how to show it to advantage. I've tried it a couple of different ways and haven't much liked the results. I need to try some more, I guess!

Also, I noted back in the first post when I got this polish that nobody seems to know how to pronounce it, and that includes me. My inclination is to say "LEE-zel" but actually in German (as best I can remember after all these years) it should be "LIE-zel" with a long i. (The rule I learned was simply "IE says E and EI says I.") Anybody else got opinions about this name? Honestly, in the absence of evidence that Zoya intended it to pronounced some other way, I think I'm going to keep saying the way I have been because I don't really like it the other way - it just sounds wrong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment