Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Topic Tuesday: collabs? + misc

I don't think I have a very definite opinion about today's #topictues question:  If you had the chance, what brand would you collab with? What finish and color would you pick? (1 indie, 1 mainstream) 

I think this may be something that a lot of polish junkies would have a ready answer to, but I really don't. I've just never thought about it. There are a lot of brands that I love and would be shocked and thrilled to collaborate with, but from what I understand, it works the other way around, doesn't it? I think either the brand contacts the blogger, or else - I know RBL used to do this - they do a call for submissions. The thing is, I can't imagine what I'd do for a polish because I can't imagine offhand what I could come up with that hasn't already been done. Plus I'm about as under-the-radar a blogger as you can imagine, so I would really be blown away if I was asked. (There's also the fact that I am not good about checking the e-mail account that is nominally attached to this blog so even if I was asked I might not see it!)


I've never linked from here to the Pinterest account where I have the bulk of my pins (an ungodly number of them, most of which are not nail polish) because it has my real name on it, but I finally got around to making a new account and that's what I've been fooling around with tonight. I don't think I'm ready to link to it yet, though. Added: here it is. I found pictures (I used pictures that were already up on Pinterest, mostly) for every polish I've bought this year. I think it'd be overkill to try to do all 700-odd of my polishes though!

I said I wasn't going to say more about Pretty Serious, but I will say that I checked and as of a couple of hours ago, it looked like most of the same stuff was still there, but a few things had been discounted further. Maybe Kaz is checking to see where her stock stands. I did do one more small order - I just ordered Cherry Bomb. I went back and forth between that and The Pink One, and Cherry Bomb finally won. They're both pinks but they're not much alike. I just didn't feel like I really needed two more pinks - or one more, when it really comes down to it. I think I was going to second-guess myself whatever I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment