Monday, July 2, 2018

Favorites, first half of 2018

Half-year top 10:
  • Always Be A Dragon (Lucky 13)
  • Cybernetic (Pretty Serious)
  • Don't Mesh With Me (China Glaze)
  • Enchanted (Starrily)
  • Feel The Chemis-tree (OPI)
  • Galaxy Gang (Starrily)
  • My Immortal (Pretty Serious)
  • Petra (Marc Jacobs)
  • Space Glam (Essence)
  • Tastes Like Purple (Night Owl)
So I think this is pretty rounded in some senses - some mainstream, some indies, and Pretty Serious,  which I'd call a boutique brand - not really an indie in the strictest sense because not hand-mixed, but close. There's some glittery stuff, a holo, a flakie, a unicorn-pee-type thing, and a couple that are more or less top-coats. No cremes, which is par for the course for me. (I almost put Bitter Buddhist in, but I didn't.) Kind of a lot of purple, also typical.

I didn't decide on a single favorite but I decided I had a top 3: Always Be A Dragon, Enchanted, and Feel The Chemis-tree. I won't make myself narrow things down more than that til the end of the year.

My only rule for my yearly favorites list is that they have to be things I haven't worn before this year. I've bought a ton of polish lately so that leaves me lots of candidates. I try to keep good records of what I've worn - and I've been doing really well on that lately, in general, but sometimes I fall down on the job and I'm not quite sure. So the big list below is my best guess.

Here's the whole list of new polishes worn so far in 2018 - all 38 of them.
  1. Always Be A Dragon
  2. Best Face Forward
  3. Bitter Buddhist
  4. Black Orchid
  5. Boop!
  6. Casseiopeia
  7. Cybernetic 
  8. Daphne's Birthday Party
  9. Don't Mesh With Me
  10. Dream Dust
  11. Dust A Dream
  12. Enchanted
  13. Fairy Dust (CG)
  14. Feel The Chemis-tree
  15. Galaxy Gang
  16. Generally Hazzardous
  17. Hands Up
  18. Holo At Ya Girl
  19. January 2016
  20. Leisel
  21. Libby
  22. Maki Me Happy
  23. Metallica
  24. My Immortal
  25. Petra
  26. The Pie Hole
  27. Princess
  28. Pumped Up Pink
  29. Purple Monkey Dishwasher
  30. Rainbow Wishes
  31. Sierra Sunset
  32. Smooth Sailing
  33. Space Glam
  34. Stone Of Reality
  35. Tastes Like Purple
  36. Vickie
  37. Wishbone
  38. You Dew You
Always Be A Dragon:
Feel The Chemis-tree:


No comments:

Post a Comment