Saturday, July 7, 2018

Witch Way?

This is KBShimmer Witch Way? - which I think may have faded.
This is still available from KBS - I thought it was discontinued. You can see how much brighter it looks in their picture. It is a jelly so of course it gets darker as you layer it, but I feel like this used to be brighter than this.** (scroll down for more on this) (Search for this polish and click on the images and you'll see a pretty big range, but nothing quite as faded-looking as my swatches.)

So I re-swatched it alone and also tried it over black:
It pretty much looks the same as the swatch above when it's alone, and over black you can't tell anything except that there's glitter. Actually I always thought it was best over another purple, anyway (which I didn't think to try when I was swatching, of course), so I guess all this doesn't make that much difference! (If I remember to try it over purple, I will be sure to report back.)

**I was thinking I might have gotten this from a blog sale, but apparently I just got it from KBS, back in 2015 - and then once I knew it existed, I was able to unearth an old mani pic, and... wow. Uh, yeah, it's faded. (Probably my own fault, I used to think the indirect sunlight in my bedroom wasn't strong enough to fade polishes. Pretty sure I was very wrong about that.)

Basically it's a top-coat now! which is ok, really, I love top-coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment