Sunday, July 29, 2018

Brushes & brush cleaners

This was a Sephora order that I did maybe a month or two ago - and the main item that I actually paid cash for is brush cleaner.
I bought two different bottles of Cinema Secrets brush cleaner, one with a sprayer and one with a little tin to keep the liquid cleaner in (which apparently is how the professionals use it). I wanted the one with the sprayer and I wanted the tin, too, and it wasn't expensive so what the heck, I got both. Nouveau Cheap talked about this brush cleaner ages ago - here - and it's supposed to be amazing and dry almost instantly. But then when it came, I put it in my "stuff to photograph" pile and forgot to ever try it. I'll try to report back when I finally do. (Here's the set. You can also buy a separate tin but the one in the set is smaller and I wanted the small one first to see if I'll actually use it.)

And then the little Bumble and Bumble tube was a 100-point bonus, 'cause I love that stuff (by which I mean Don't Blow it specifically, not just Bb in general) and I wanted a purse-size one, and the rest of it is just regular foil-pack samples and a perfume sample (which is Stella although it's hard to see here).

It occurs to me that I never have taken a picture of the brushes that I bought around the same time that I bought the above (although I have used those, at least). I think I mentioned them, but that was it. Here is the picture from Sephora's website, though. I found this set because I was looking at the Tarte mermaid brush set, and this doesn't have fish-tails but it does have the ocean-theme and it's brushes that I actually wanted - fan brushes in an assortment of sizes. I really like them.
I wish I hadn't looked because the set is marked down, now. $25 (I think it was $39 to start with!), that's a deal.

Added: I did try cleaning my mini multitasker - which I only have been using for my MAC powder blush for probably a year or so. I never have cleaned it because it's just not a messy thing that I use it for, but I figured it had to be built up down in the brush, and it was. I followed the directions and I put 1/4' of cleaner in the tin and dipped the brush in it. It said to take the brush out right away and I wasn't quite fast enough - the year of built-up blush from up inside the brush came pouring out the instant the liquid cleaner touched it. It was very interesting. But it does dry pretty fast. Even that larger, dense brush was dry within an hour or so. It's amazing stuff, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment