Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Topic Tuesday: other hobbies

The #topictues question today is: What are your hobbies besides polish? 

I have a lot of interests but I'm not sure what you'd say rises to the level of a hobby. I'm interested in fashion - in sort of an academic way, really, I can't afford the kind of clothes I like to look at, and while I know how to sew, I find sewing clothes frustrating. (Plus I don't have the kind of body that's good for showing off clothes, anyway. I just wear jeans and an assortment of tops.) And then I'm interested in baseball, as you know already if you've been reading here a while. I spend a lot of time at night watching Astros games. I'm interested in politics, but spending too much time on that just makes me stressed. And I like movies - I'm very into the Marvel movies, and I've been catching up with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. lately. Really, I just spend most of my free time messing around on the computer, looking at things related to these various interests - including nail polish, of course. We go to lots of movies, when there's something we want to see. (Naturally, we went to see Ant-Man & the Wasp this weekend, which was very funny and enjoyable, but I'm starting to really look forward to the time when Sunday will be a school-night again and the movies will be a more peaceful place on Sunday nights, because that's when we usually like to go to movies. And I feel like a grouchy old person just for saying that.)

I used to make quilts, back when my mom was around to keep me working on them. So here's an example of something I made:
These wonky teacup blocks are based on a technique by Jan Mullen. I bought a pattern from her but she wrote a book later - here. These were a lot of fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment